REED SERVICES INC.
RSI offers quality and cost effective gas turbine inspection, field maintenance, and consulting services
Our mission is to provide top quality and cost effective inspection, field maintenance consulting, and repair services.
Our core beliefs focus on:
- Quality of Service
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Safety and the Environment
RSI is a gas turbine consulting firm specializing in the inspection and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance of aeroderivative gas turbine for the industrial market.
- Borescope Inspections
- Boroblending Scope repairs
- Package Inspections
- Instrumentation Calibrations
- Engine Removal/Install and Alignments
- Hot Section (Field and shop capability)
- VSV Bushing Replacement
- Comply with Service Bulletins/Letters
- VIGV Bushing Replacement and Rigging
- Blade Replacement
- Operations Training
- Management Training
In January 2008 the Zokman product line of Gas Turbine compressor cleaning solutions were added to the operation of Reed Services Inc. Canada.
The Aircraft, Maritime and Industrial Gas Turbine Industries require cleaning of the Gas Turbines to maintain efficiencies and require detergents specifically designed and authorized by OEM’s for use with specific Gas Turbines.
The ZOK product line has been designed to effectively clean the Gas Turbines and has lead the industry in its approach of doing so with much consideration given to the environmental and employee safety aspects of dealing with the Gas Path cleaning process.
On-Site Field Repairs
ON-SITE FIELD REPAIRS
Reed Services, Inc. (RSI) provides the customer with a wide variety of on-site maintenance options. All technicians utilized for these services are long time gas turbine technicians with extensive experience in the gas turbine field.
We formed with the vision of expanding the field level repair opportunities available to the customer using the most experienced personnel available in a cost-effective manner.
OUR CONCEPT OF FIELD LEVEL MAINTENANCE
Revolves around module level repair and replacement at customer facilities. The implementation of field level repairs into a maintenance plan can reduce the manpower costs of an event in excess of 25%.
The field level repairs include replacement of the complete hot section, modules in their entirety, rotor blades, mainline bearings, and individual parts.
Maintanance, Operations & Management Training
We offer training courses to enhance support of our customers across North America.
Training is conducted at customer’s facility also using their specific P&ID’s for the lesson. RSI encourages the customer employees to shadow us for on-the-job training during our inspection work.
Our Training Approach
- System Description
- System Operation and Operating Parameters/Permissive
- Maintenance Requirements
- System Troubleshooting Using O&M Manuals (TS Tables/WP’s/Tooling)
- Testing – To Include Written Exam and Field Exercises
OUR NORMAL CLASS
On-site training consisting of 1/2 day classroom and 1/2 day field where we use the Hands on Training approach.
Student will identify component using P&ID, discuss operation, operating values, and safety settings. Standard five day class topics include:
- Basic Turbine Theory
- LM Gas Turbine Description, Components, and Instrumentation
- Turbine/Generator Oil System
- Gas Turbine Ventilation, Anti-Icing and Chilling System
- Fire Protection
- Water Wash
- Basic Electrical Components
- Basic Control System (Start/Stop Sequence)
During discussion of training topics, we encourage student participation.
- CMMS/Material History / Thermal Imaging / Vibration Analysis / Oil Analysis
- Safe Work Plans / Work Permits and Tailboards
- Emission Monitoring (Permit)
- Operator Plant Walk Down
- BOP Interface
- Interconnection Agreements, Air / Water, etc…
- Heat Rates
LM SERIES GAS TURBINES
- On-site at Customer Facility
- At Cheyenne Service Center
- Class Size of 6 or more
- Maintenance, Operations, and Management Training